Monday, July 19, 2010

A Potpourri of Possibilities

It took me several looks at this photo to figure out what I was looking at.  The latest article on MiamiDolphins.com suggested in its headline and complement photo that this was Chad Pennington riding the bull.  At first I thought, 'Oh my, he's flopping about quite a bit, then I realized the rider's legs were actually straight  and locked in, while his chaps were flailing about in such a way to make it look like he'd gone all akimbo.  From there my eyes gravitated towards the Dickies logo on the wrangler's jacket.  That's a big Dickies!  It wasn't until I had read the article itself that I even noticed the Dolphins ring of fire around the actual Chad Pennington (actually, it could be anyone, he's far away and behind a handrail post).  I didn't actually understand any of the article, as I'm about as much Cowboy as Pennington is indie rocker.  But I do know they spelled 'little' wrong several times.  

Philip Merling is officially charged with felony battery now and it's only a matter of time before he's suspended - the question is, will it be this season or next?  It's in Merling's best interest to be suspended earlier than later - that way he still has a chance to redeem himself for the rest of the season.  However, if he has another lackluster year and is facing suspension in 2011, the Dolphins will likely see no reason to keep him around - then he'd be an under-performing, character-issue guy who would be suspended - few teams would be interested.  If I were Merling, I'd personally write to the Commish and ask for swift judgment.  I'd say, 'Forget the judge/jury -  I did it, I admit it, now punish me so I can deal with it and work on myself straight away.'

Is this guy related to Jay Feely?  It's only a matter of time before he starts talking politics....

I have asked several people 'in the know' if they 'know' the actual Training Camp dates for the Dolphins yet no one can give me an answer - the Dolphins have been a bit weird about releasing their practice dates to the public this year - I had to get the official from an actual Dolphin player - first day is July 30th (Friday).  Keep in mind that the Dolphins generally take Fridays off so if you're one of those fans who can only attend a practice on a Friday, that day might be your only chance.  A source told me that the Dolphins will not be 'taking it easy' during TC this year like they did last year - this is a direct result of the multiple injuries suffered last season.  The Dolphins will want to be much better conditioned this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment