Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tin-Bits for Tin-co de Mayo

  • "On Nov. 1, the Miami Dolphins, who joined the AFL as an expansion team in 1966, visit the Jets. On Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26, Oakland visits the Cowboys. Three days later, Miami is at Buffalo. On Dec. 8, the final legacy game has New England at Miami."~Palm Beach Post. It seems that only the original eight AFL teams will be wearing the throwback jerseys.
  • As soon as I have enough free-time to figure out how to do some flash animation, I'm going to attempt to do a semi-animated depth chart for the site. Ultimately I want to be able to scroll onto a player and see an actual image of the player. If anyone knows how to do this, I'd love any advice and/or help.
  • I checked in with rookie free agent signing, Louis Ellis, from Shaw University. He just officially notified friends and fans alike that he is a Miami Dolphin (for now). It seems like he's coming into the NFL with a big chip on his shoulder. Hopefully I'll get a chance to talk more in-depth with him throughout the summer. Here he is (#92)in high school in some of the most unusual DT action I've ever seen. (Get a load of #97 with his pants falling off at about 0:21).


He really shows a lot of athleticism and motor to me. I'm not convinced he's here to be a nose tackle. The way he gets off of blocks suggests he could be a good 3-4 end. Also Sparano has now said three times that he wants Ellis to shed a bunch of weight, possibly getting him back down near his high school playing weight. I'm not ruling out the Nose for Ellis, just throwing something out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment