Monday, January 26, 2009

Tinbits

I know the title is cheesy. I had actually typed out tidbits then changed it for a laugh then thought, 'ugh, that's so cheesy'.

Anyway, it's so bad that I've decided to make it stick by making it a regular weekly article here. In Tinbits, I'll share a few one-liners of interest to the Dolphins fans, as well as mention any upcoming planned articles, contests (yes there will be contests, first one is already in the works), polls, etc.

Omar's got his stock reports, Armando's got his...well nevermind, anyway this will be one of my weekly posts.


# Our first guest-authored article is in the works and should be a good firestarter for dol-fan discussion.

# Ever wonder what the Senior Bowl week was really like for the players? USF's Tyrone McKenzie discusses the ins and outs here.

# There were reports last Monday that line backer Rey Maualuga had surprisingly undefined upper body and chest. Surprisingly, there were no comments (at least not in the places I visited) about Brian Cushing. Cushing was the center of controversy when he suddenly developed man boobs despite being a buff linebacker. You know what that suggests. Gynecomastia. I know I'm still the only person on the planet who doesn't want a USC linebacker for Christmas in April, but this is reason number one and reason number two.

# Despite the scouts and the NFL Network's trashing of William Moore's abilities last week, including dissing him for making ONLY 89 tackles last year, the new ScoutInc.com top 32 includes Moore at number 29. He was not in the top 32 for the last month. So McShay and company after downgrading him during the week, released their power rankings showing him going UP the board. Granted, a couple of people ahead of him slipped down due to poor showings, but not 5 players. The bottom line, they still think he's the best Safety in the draft, even if they think he can't play Safety. What does that say about the other guys. Moore only played the first and part of the second quarter on Saturday before coming out with an ankle injury.


Update:
Cushing with his boy-boobs as a sophomore alongside Cushing as a senior. Do you guys remember the old Atlas Workout ads that used to be in the back of comic books next to the x-ray glasses? I never sent off for it but maybe it was a box of steroids...








Now we're starting to look like a REAL man...



As for this...I don't know....



I heard he just got nominated for an oscar...










13 comments:

  1. Tin, my article has grown larger. I need to edit some of it and organize it into a better read. I probably have twenty-five 6-8 line paragraphs and that's a lot. LOL

    The content is pretty good but it's all over the place. I want it to be legible. I'm trying to get 'The Value of a Team' concept down.

    I want to write something interesting and not just by the seat of my pants blogging. Maybe it's just my own passion and ego. I'm trying to make sense.

    I listened to Mike Francessa's radio show in NY today with Randy Cross and he reiterated what made Bill Walsh so successful. It fit right into what I was trying to say. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. [I probably have twenty-five 6-8 line paragraphs and that's a lot]

    You DO know there's only one internet and we all have to share it, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Cushing was the center of controversy when he suddenly developed man boobs despite being a buff linebacker. You know what that suggests. ..

    duh, It's Cushing's syndrome/disease!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. herdfan, is that what they call it at the office?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That man-boobs thing disconcerting, to say the least...if he found a way to juice in college, he won't get away with it in the NFL. I'm sure there could be a number of reasons why he's got EBS(Enlarged Boobie Syndrome), but his stock just shot down significantly in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krillian,
    There is actually a photo of him without his shirt on that was even more disturbing. He definitely has some kind of issue. What did you think of the oiled up team poster?

    I've been trying to find a full size scan of it but USC probably has as many lawyers roving the web as the NFL does.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, very disconcerting. That poster, in its own right, is either very gay or, ummm- not straight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...is that what they call it at the office?

    Tin Shaker,

    No, just gynecomastia. That's not listed as a symptom of Cushing's disease, but since it's related to the pituitary or adrenal glands, or taking prednisone, it seems to fit. Funny that it's his name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's fair to say that Cushing may have some identity issues. Do you think the ultra-religious NFL locker rooms will accept him?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, if Ricky can wear a wedding dress, why can't Cushing wear a boa? Dude does have some mammaries though

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a good interview with Brian Cushing's father. I think the shoulder injury and not being able to lift is what gave him man breasts. Obviously his father will speak highly of him but it sounds like he's always been a great athlete and worked hard at it.

    I do know some people up here in North Jersey who played against him when he went to Bergen Catholic which is a prolific football powerhouse in New Jersey and they all said he was clearly better than everyone.

    http://florida.scout.com/2/341743.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr Bungle, is that Cushing in the photo on that link? How is it this kid looks so different in all these photos? How could he go from looking like the Hulk to looking like Dolly Parton a few months later?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tin, it appears to me that the pictures of Cushing are from high school and college. Different haircuts and situations. He did have a shoulder injury that hampered his lifting ability. Muscle will turn to fat with inactivity. He definitely had a frustrating college career.

    His injury-prone history sends up a red flag but you never know. He's a good football player with the prototype size. I think he's a lesser Chris Long prospect. If we drafted Chris Long instead of Jake Long he would be playing Matt Roth's position. I see Cushing as a potential Keith Brooking/Mike Vrabel type player.

    ReplyDelete