Friday, March 6, 2009

Catch the Ball, then Run, Run, Runway!

So many of you probably know that Brandon London is not only a Miami Dolphin, he's also a fancy New York City fashion model. You may have seen a magazine ad in the last six months and thought to yourself in passing how the model looked familiar. I forget which magazine it was, but I actually had this happen to me. I think he was modeling a watch or something while not wearing a shirt (I don't know about you guys but I generally remove watch before shirt in my undressing ritual).

Anyway, so the reality is that BET the network thinks that football player/models are interesting enough to have their own reality show. The show follows a group of these hybrid players (did you know Gibril Wilson is one of these hybrids?) through their dual careers, and probably through some inane, mundane, and staged moments as well. In addition to this show, London is apparently working on ANOTHER reality show, essentially promoting himself. This guy is apparently Jason Taylor with a 'use once open' label on it. At least we got a career out of JT before he went Hollywood. Seems like London is trying to get there before he makes a name for himself in the NFL.

But I digress. In love with the camera so much, Brandon also had the producer from the previously mentioned show follow him to his workout and film it for the purpose of sharing it with his fans. Someone needs to tell him he has no fans. I appreciate someone trying to market themselves, but someone needs to tell him he got the job and now needs to get on with it.


9 comments:

  1. Hey diversification.s Not putting all his eggs in one basket.s I think that makes him smart, if he doesn't have some kind of 'tude to go with it.s And I have to say, men without shirts, the right men without shirts that is, are a very good thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of diversification I don't think of being on three shows about the same thing, and the same person, me, at the same time.s He's turning into Oprah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now, it's sort of hard to argue with what she's done, at least on a financial level.s Who can blame these guys?s They way I understand it, if they sign a big contract, and it is back loaded for cap reasons, and not a lot guaranteed...they get cut, so they don't have to be paid later.s Can't blame em for grabbing all they can, while they can.
    s
    And then look at Holliday this week.s He was cut so he wouldn't have to be paid.s I don't know what his contract was in the beginning, but I just think that whole thing kind of sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I really must go.s The margarita's are calling me.s

    ReplyDelete
  5. I disagree.s I think it has a lot less to do with money and a lot more to do with fame.s Oprah didn't need to add a twelfth hour to her show or put her own face on 300 straight issues of her magazine.s She was already the richest person in show business.s She did it because she is a media whore.s And anyone who goes on a reality tv show is a media whore too, especially if the show is about things like your daily workout or you sitting at the kitchen table eating cereal and complaining about what you're going to wear to the prom (yes I'm talking about you VH-1 and MTV).
    s
    Personally I believe people should focus more on the REALITY and less on the SHOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This kinda thing can get yous in the dog house with the trifecta. They don't like non-football television
    s
    What do you think about TO?
    When I heard he was dropped I said to myself "just don't let him sign with the patsies". I didn't like the idea of covering Moss and Owens, but Owens and Evans isn't that great either. On the flip side maybe his cancerous way's make him more detrimental than positive

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brandon has no fans? sounds like another blog hater. Tell that to the 135,000 people that live in Charlottesville, VA his hometown who all follow Miami football because of Brandon. I'm not a huge football fan, but If you didn't notice, Brandon made a huge play in the 4th quarter to get a first down to help Miami get into the playoffs, then he gets 4 receptions in the playoff game. So if he has no fans, then your fans aren't true fans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "So if he has no fans, then your fans aren't true fans."
    s
    Say what?
    s
    While I appreciate your being a long-time fan, most of us are Miami Dolphin fans first.s We support the team, no matter who the players are.s Brandon London did make ONE big play last year, but ONE play in the last 2 years is not sufficient to warrant a strong fanbase.s
    s
    We welcome as many people who want to root for the team, but to say the entire population of a town in Virginia supports the Miami Dolphins because of Brandon London is completely ludicruous.
    s
    Anyway, even if he did have 135,000 fans in VA, he didn't send the video to any of them, only to the Miami fans.s And that was my point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ONE big play, with such a limited opportunity is a lot! Not enough toswarrantsa strong fan base is different than saying "he has no fans"
    How would you know if he didn't send the video to his fans in va?

    ReplyDelete