Thursday, March 19, 2009

What A Barwin!

At Cincinnati's second pro day today, do-it-all player Connor Barwin ran the 40 again. His times ranged between 4.48 and 4.57. That's significantly fast. Add that to his 23 reps in the bench press and the fact that he went through drills at defensive end, linebacker and tight end. What makes him do these workouts over and over again? Obviously a drive to be the best, and a drive to keep getting better. I'd have to guarantee him as a first round pick now.

There have been a lot of impressive workouts but none more so than Barwin. I cannot think of anyone who's stock has risen so much in such a short period of time.

Like I've said before, I think the Dolphins will go CB/WR at #25, but should they decide to go linebacker, I'd wet myself if they chose Barwin. And don't worry I won't post the video. With the speed and fluidity that Barwin has shown, he might even be able to immediately switch to inside linebacker. Wouldn't it be nice to have a 6'4", 257lb inside linebacker to stuff the run, blitz, and show off his 4.5 speed and long arms in coverage? One that could slide between the inside and the outside pass rush?


No comments:

Post a Comment