Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kibbles and Bits...and bits!

WEDNESDAY:
  • We so could've had this guy on our roster.
  • 2009 Cap Numbers provided by ProFootballTalk. The Dolphins are a very healthy $23 Million under. That means they can afford to re-sign all their free agents. So we know if anyone doesn't get re-signed, it's not because of money.

  • The NY Jets brass will be announcing their quarterback plans at noon Eastern. At this point they will then attempt to trade for Chad Pennington. [update: In about 4 months I will announce that Brett Favre announced his retirement on February 11th.]
TUESDAY:
  • Samson Satele gets put on the butcher's block by ESPN's Tim Graham. Graham used to be a Dolphins beat writer, and now he's got some distance between him and the team, he can be more brutal about the situation than the big 3 locals.
  • Detroit defensive tackle Shaun Cody may be another guy on the way out of the Motor City. It doesn't make sense to me that Detroit would let Cody go when they're apparently also going to let DT Chuck Darby go. It looks like Detroit is planning on churning 95% of their roster in 2009. I hereby predict two wins in 2009 for Detroit.
  • The Sun-Sentinel must be desperate for clicks on their website, placing a buxom half naked woman on the front of their sports page. Normally I'd call them out on it, but she is really REALLY hot! Reminds me of when I used to live in Europe.
  • Some more crap about Bill Parcell's contract. I'm sick of talking about this (a main reason I've been staying away from the Miami blogs of late) but here Armando Salguero claims a source told him that Parcells had decided to leave and e-mails were sent, etc. So go read that and then come back and we'll never discuss it again.
  • Are you like me and can't be bothered by halftime entertainment shows? Not the studio shows but the actual on-field performances that they put on while everyone is in line at the bathroom. A lot of work, blood, sweat and probably diva tears go into making these 10 minute long extravaganzas that no one wants to watch, and if they do watch, immediately wish they had the last 10 minutes of their lives back. Well, even if you don't like Springsteen or Janet Jackson, it could be worse. You could've been at Super Bowl XIX watching your beloved Miami Dolphins getting crushed by the 49ers. Then, down 28-16 at the half, you probably were excited to see what wonderful entertainment your expensive tickets got you for relief from the stomping. That's when you probably regretted spending a month's salary on a ticket:


10 comments:

  1. Tinshaker:
    Blasphemy!s Chad back to the Jets?s I think you are trying to piss me off or get rid of me.s BTW, I am having SERIOUS problems with your site now.s I see the comments thing is different, but have you changed anything else?s I get an error--Internet Explorer can not open or display blah blah blah.s
    sWhat gives?s Have I been eddied?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't change anything to the site.s If you are getting errors on your browser, it's on your end.
    s
    I can't believe you're upset with me after I posted a Chad photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew the brett farve trade would be their undoing. What did they give the packers for him?
    s
    That ESPN guy is just parroting what he's read/heard from other beat writers making conjecture. i don't trust any of those articles based on hear-say.
    s
    Their was an article not a blog about Carey being likely to get re-signed on the SS, citing his agent as the source
    s
    Anybody else get franchised since Cassel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi tin. i think something is up with ur site today. each time it open i get some kind of explorer error that says the operation has been aborted. im looking at it now on my phone, but that is not ideal. any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was unaware of this issue because I don't use internet explorer.s But since you're the second or third person to mention it today, I tried using it, and got the same error you mentioned.s I went to the blog gods and they're already aware of the situation and working to fix it.s In the meantime, I cannot recommend switching from explorer to a better browser enough.s You really can't go wrong with Firefox, or any of the other alternatives.s Explorer is a mess and should've been 'put down' ten years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tin, what's the deal on Trey Williams?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trae was drafted by Jacksonville last year and was signed to a 4 year deal but then they cut him during final roster cuts and he was immediately picked up by Philadelphia where he spent the entire season on their practice squad. We could've signed him at any time when we were struggling for bodies in the secondary. Instead we were hiring guys from Arby's in California. He will likely replace one of the aging vets on Philly and be a pro-bowler. Anyway, I'm bitter because I was calling his name out in 2008 alot and now it's too late because Philly signed him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone who believes anything Mando says or writes is a RETARD.s That guy is the biggest joke with a pen.s i cant even fathom why he has not one but two jobs related to sports.s He clearly types/says things to garner internet hits.s The Enquirer or ESPN will come calling any minute for his dis-services.s ESPN is now the Tabloid of sports so they have lost all credit IMO.s I am becoming more and more disgusted with sports reporting in general.s Full of half truths and ZERO facts checked.s Truly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Armando used to work for ESPN at one point, didn't he?
    s
    Love him or Hate him, I think he has the most sources in town.s Not good sources, mind you, but seedy, undergrowth kinds of sources. LOL.
    s
    Anyway, if you want to get the full picture on the Dolphins you have to read all three papers, unfortunately, and that includes the good and the bad.

    ReplyDelete