Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wednesday Wumor!

I've just gotten wind through one of my 3 illustrious rumor-mongering sources that a Dolphins' free agent will be re-signed today. He said expect the announcement within the next 3 hours. He wouldn't tell me who it was but hinted that it was a defensive back. What an ass!

More on this later (maybe)!

Update: When asked about this rumour, Omar Kelly of the Sun Sentinel had this to say:

"
I see either bell or goodman being signed before Midnight because their agents should have already identified if there is a market for either, and they've probably realized stays is what's best for each. But they might be bold and go out there."

Talk about total commitment to a statement. Ok, so it's obvious Omar doesn't know the story on this, and to be honest, I disagree with his statement (the first part) because with the non-spectacular performances at Indy, free agent cornerbacks just got a pay-raise. With Asomugha and Robinson tagged, that leaves Goodman in a small group of affordable FAs. Still, my source has a stellar 50% accuracy rate so far in the off-season, so I'm not discounting the story yet.

If it does come true, this would mean the big 3's contention all along that all of our free agents would be allowed to test the market would be less than accurate.

17 comments:

  1. My guess is Bell. If we get more beef at LB this year and end up with a stouter front 7, it may even free Bell up to make more plays on the ball?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bell seems to be the only DB that we may resign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Kent? Why? Whats wrong with Goodman?
    s
    I agree that bell would be a higher priority though...Safety is a thin FA position right now.
    s
    BTW...great to see ya UKfinfan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think DB is pretty weak in FA so they might all benefit from leaving, but it's shameful that neither of you mentioned Hill.s You remember Hill right?s The OTHER dolphins free agent defensive back?s lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jahndoh, I like Goodman but I think a deal would've already been done if we wanted to keep him.s If we don't sign him before FA, he's gone, someone will pay him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the other day that Parcells is over the hill .........? (sorry)
    s
    Hey Jahndoh - you found Tin's blog huh? It's "fan" free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, according to the numbers I get quite a few non-elite visitors! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW, terrible joke!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I thought the days of segregation were over? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Probably true.
    s
    I didn't forget about Hill though Tin, I just value him slightly less then Goodman. Honestly I think Leigh Bodden is better than either of those guys, and he's available!
    s
    I can't believe the posts I've read on other sites calling for Pat Surtain....I suppose if he signs for the minimum he deserves a tryout, but is there ANYTHING about him that makes him a trifecta type player? I don't see it.
    s
    UK, Yeah, I've been reading it from the begininning, I've just cut way back on my posts, it seemed they were not getting very positive responses (I guess I'm arrogant :) ) so I thought I'd rather not be part of the problem (which is a bunch of crap posts that have nothing to do with the dolphins).
    s
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lavernius Coles was released. What are the chances we sign him for less than market to re-unite him with Penny and help our young receivers develop? I'd put it at 50/50 if not higher. Tin, I've been reading your blog since its' inception along with SS and find yours, Mr. Bungle's and Joe W's enteries to be both informative and entertaining.
    Thanks for giving a Ct. native living in NC, 40+ year DolPhan a place to get in depth if not speculative information on his team.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe it was Crowder. We reportedly re-signed him to a 3 year deal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would LOVE to see the Dolphins get Coles.s
    s
    Do you think they will go for it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. herdfan, I would say I'm 80-20 that we'll sign Coles. Miami would be a good fit for him. He played with Pennington almost his entire career both being drafted the same year in 2000. A lot of Coles' stats are with Pennington. He's a good reliable veteran WR.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mr. Bungle:
    Thanks for the odds.s The rest I sort of knew.s I've followed Chad from way back, so I've seen Coles too.s Any friend of Chad's is OK in my book.s Seriously, I always liked Coles; he seems like a class act. And, he's even been on Oprah!! ss I shouldn't mention this here, but I have coozies, ear warmers, blanket, etc with that team's logo.s I would have trashed them, but they are green, like the herd.s I won't use them myself, but are 'spares' in my tailgate box.s The blanket is in the dog crate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had to google coozies - we don't really have them here! Love the new dog blanket though!

    ReplyDelete