Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Welcome Back, Squatters!

The Dolphins welcomed back Greg Camarillo, Justin Smiley, Matt McChesney, Aaron Halterman, and the legendary Donald Thomas yesterday. They were officially removed from the injured reserve list. This is just a technicality that all the teams do on this week, but it's nice to have them back anyway, even if they're not healed up yet.

As far as I can remember these are their injuries:

Camarillo - torn ACL. Typically 6 months to a year recovery post-surgery.

Smiley - broken leg. He should be fine by now and rehabbing.

McChesney - unknown knee injury. He was placed on IR just one week after being activated from the practice squad. Since he never got on the field, he must've been injured during practice.

Halterman - undisclosed back injury. He was actually waived injured at the beginning of the '08 season, thus he's not on the roster anymore (or won't be whenever they update it).

Thomas - Lisfranc fracture. Since he was injured and had surgery back in September, he should be ready to go in June/July.

Still no word on Tab Perry and why he hasn't been released from IR. He should be a free agent by now, but it is possible the Dolphins plan on keeping him on IR and resigning him later...it's more possible that they just haven't updated the IR list yet.
Update: ProFootballTalk.com put out their full lists of free agents and they have Perry listed as UFA under wide receivers.

12 comments:

  1. Great work Tin. You found some interesting, non-Parcells related information. You're doing a better job of reporting the dolphins and your not even getting paid for it. Do you have any advertisements you get money for? if not you should get some, because I see more and more traffic coming through here

    I say we pick up Bodden. I mean he's not Boldin but their name sound so close people should be happy. But honestly why not. He's played good in the past, and just like the 07 dolphins every player on the team suffers some of the team's fate. Look at Joey and a bunch of other examples of players who played better with a better culture around them. I don't know of any character issues and he's free (trade wise). Plus it adds youth and takes a need away from our draft/FA wish list

    I see since the impostor can't impersonate on the SS or these comments he's resorted to your comment box. He's still going on the SS logged in under different names (fan) and giving Omar shit. For the record the only reason I would have a jets hat is for scooping up my dog's shit, then placing it on a unsuspecting jets fan's house front door mat(or the impostor's), then lighting on fire. Then taking the ashes and sprinkling them on dog shit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool avatar, Phinatic!

    Thanks for the positive feedback. I don't do the Ads mainly because I don't have any space available. :) That and because I do this on 'company time' so I'm getting paid anyway. Also I want the blog to be as streamlined and easy to read as possible. Most of the other Dolphins blogs out there are extremely cluttered and messy. So I'll leave the ads out for now. If anyone wants to give me superbowl tickets, on the other hand, I am willing to advertise for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Bodden/Boldin line. I also like Bodden. He has a myspace page that shows he has impeccable taste in movies and literature. He must be a smart guy. His writing to the fans when he got traded showed he has a lot of class. tv shows on the other hand show a lot of 'guilty pleasures'.

    He was arrested once for something very minor but the charges were dropped because of the lack of severity of the 'crime'. That was many years ago. I would be on the phone with his agent if I were Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some soccer tickets!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are they for United?

    ReplyDelete
  6. anyway, I think he is an upgrade for what we have right now (except Will Allen!) Not great, but will do the job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How far apart do you think Bodden is from Dunta Robinson or other FA (except N. Asomo....)that we might get.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just for the fun of it!! The FA and Draft is taking for ever!!

    http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, first, I'd like to say that Bodden is definitely a free agent. Robinson and/or Asomugha might not get to that point. So from that standpoint, Bodden is definitely more attainable. As for the talent aspect, I would say they're probably closer than you might think. Depends how 'damaged' Bodden is from spending a year in Detroit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, first, I'd like to say that Bodden is definitely a free agent. Robinson and/or Asomugha might not get to that point. So from that standpoint, Bodden is definitely more attainable. As for the talent aspect, I would say they're probably closer than you might think. Depends how 'damaged' Bodden is from spending a year in Detroit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. But might have something to prove??

    ReplyDelete