Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Looking Back

Here's something interesting I found today. It's a 'projected final roster' that I came up with during the offseason 2008. Its funny how some of the people on here didn't even make the team. It's funny how a couple of projected starters never got on the field whereas a couple of Special teamers ended up being starters. Just goes to show you never know how things will turn out in the end. Still, it was a fairly accurate projection considering we were 're-building'.






Position Name Number 1st String 2nd String S/T







1 QB Pennington, Chad 10 √

2 QB Henne, Chad 7
√
3 QB Beck, John 9


4 RB Williams, Ricky 34 √

5 RB Brown, Ronnie 23
√
6 RB Cobbs, Patrick 38

√
7 RB Parmele, Jalen 31

√
8 FB Grigsby, Boomer 46 √

9 TE Fasano, Anthony 80 √

10 TE Martin, David 88
√
11 TE Ryan, Sean 89

√
12 WR London, Brandon 17


13 WR Hagan, Derek 82 √

14 WR Ginn Jr, Ted 19 √

15 WR Camarillo, Greg 83
√
16 WR Wilford, Ernest 18


17 WR Bess, Davone 15

√
18 OT Carey, Vernon 72 √

19 OT Long, Jake 77 √

20 OT Ndukwe, Ikechuku 68


21 OT Garner, Nate 75


22 OG Smiley, Justin 65 √

23 OG Thomas, Donald 66 √

24 OG Murphy, Shawn 61
√
25 C Satele, Samson 64 √

26 C Alleman, Andy 57








Position Name Number 1st String 2nd String S/T
27 DE Holliday, Vonnie 91 √

28 DE Langford, Kendall 70
√
29 DE Wright, Roderique 90 √

30 DE Merling, Philip 97
√
31 DE Dotson, Lionel 71


32 NT Ferguson, Jason 95 √

33 NT Starks, Randy 94
√
34 NT Soliai, Paul 96


35 OLB Porter, Joey 55 √

36 OLB Anderson, Charlie 56 √

37 OLB Moses, Quentin 74
√ √
38 OLB Roth, Matt 98


39 ILB Crowder, Channing 52 √

40 ILB Ayodele, Akin 51 √

41 ILB Torbor, Reggie 53
√ √
42 CB Allen, Will 25 √

43 CB Goodman, Andre 21 √

44 CB Lehan, Michael 22

√
45 CB Jones, Nathan 33
√ √
46 FS Allen, Jason 32 √

47 FS Crocker, Chris 20
√
48 SS Bell, Yeremiah 37 √

49 SS Culver, Tyrone

√ √
50 SS Hill, Renaldo 24

√
51 LS Denney, John 92

√
52 K Carpenter, Dan 6

√
53 P Fields, Brandon 2

13 comments:

  1. I like the new comment format Tin, I'm still waiting for a week without this thing looking completly different

    I e-mailed Omar about the imposter and he seems willing to try and help I just need examples to send to Omar so he can track the guy. Any fake post from you plus a real one and I'll foward them to Omar

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great "cause and effect" and I never looked at it that way until now. ST was depleted of talent to plug holes, the holes were let go and only because Parcells & Co. were constantly adding supporting talent that we were able to have the success that we did.

    I see that for our efforts we've secured the toughest schedule in the league this year. All that matters to me is that Parcells & Co. excel at their jobs these next couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a fake post from me? I don't understand.

    I like the comment format too because you can respond to specific comments this way. Takes a little getting used to, reading actual threads as opposed to the randomness of the other blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strange how I didn't even have Matt Roth as being a 2nd stringer at OLB. I wish I could remember why I felt that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tin,
    I mean if you know of any time the impostor impersonated you. He never impersonated me. If their was any post you know of that he impersonated you just e-mail Omar with the examples. If you've seen the traffic on the SS its a bit light, which is what the impostor wanted, he's like a terrorist or something. I posted a bunch of examples on the SS

    If you made that during or before training camp it didn't seem like Roth was going to start from the reports from the media. They changed their tune pretty quick right around pre-season

    ReplyDelete
  6. He never impersonated me because he wants to call me out as much as possible. I think the main reason traffic is light on SS is because none of the regulars want to take the risk of getting into a spat with someone else. Imposter definitely ruffled some feathers. I know randy, ffr, walker, AND bungle were all impersonated because they suddenly went from being friendly to launching attacks at me in one day. Then he launched an attack on this site, but I was able to stop it, after 3 or 4 days of constant BS from him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Undoubtedly the faker is causing folks to stay away from the SS, but lets not give him too much credit. I think an even bigger reason is the format change. There was a period of time when it wasn't working correctly, and I don't think it is entirely fixed now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The imposter is on the Herald and SS and he then came here because Tin advertised his blog. Nothing wrong with that, he's giving us a format to talk Dolphins football which is something a lot of us enjoy. I don't personally care which blog is a good one, as long as the main objective is discussing football/Dolphins, I'll be there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Defense:
    NT Ferguson 6-3 320 (still has a year or two in him)
    NT Soliai 6-4 335 (a big man who still has some upside)
    DL Starks 6-3 310 (versatile and active on game day)
    DE Holliday 6-5 285 (a leader who can still play)
    DE Langford 6-6 290 (great upside)
    DE Merling 6-4 290 (great upside)

    OLB Porter 6-3 250 (playing as good as he ever has)
    OLB Roth 6-4 270 (looking pretty good at SOLB)
    OLB Wake 6-3 255 (CFL prospect with pass rush ability)
    ILB Ayodele 6-2 250 (solid player)
    LB Torbor 6-2 250 (versatile LB who provides depth)

    CB W. Allen 5-10 195 (best corner on the team)
    CB J. Allen 6-1 210 (still has some upside, he's probably the most athletic DB on the team)
    CB Jones 5-10 185 (special teams guy and good blitzer who plays in nickel and dime packages)

    Offense:
    C Satele 6-3 300 (a starter since he's been in the league who might move to OG or be a backup C/G)
    LG Smiley 6-3 310 (a proven quality starter, needs to stay healthy)
    RG Thomas 6-4 310 (lot's of upside)
    LT Long 6-7 315 (a stud in the making)

    TE Fasano 6-4 255 (looks pretty good)
    TE Martin 6-4 260 (playing the best ball I've seen him play)

    QB Pennington 6-3 225 (a savvy veteran leader)
    QB Henne 6-3 230 (has upside and he's next in line)
    QB Beck 6-2 215 (still has some upside and could surprise in 09)

    RB Brown 6-0 230 (he's a stud)
    RB Williams 5-10 225 (he still has game)
    RB Cobbs 5-8 205 (he can do a lot of things)

    WR Camarillo 6-1 190 (developing into a solid possession WR, needs to come back from knee surgery)
    WR Ginn 5-11 180 (a lot of speed and upside - return man)
    WR Bess 5-9 190 (plenty of upside - return man)
    WR London 6-4 214 (special teams guy who has all the tools for a WR, he needs to break out in his 3rd season)

    Specialists:
    K Carpenter 6-2 220 (solid)
    P Fields 6-5 235 (solid)

    That's 32 players I think will be on the team in 09. Obviously there will be some others who probably make the team for depth and special teams, I'm just not sure what the upside is at their positions. We'll know more after we've acquired free agents, including re-signing some of our own, the draft, rookie free agent signings and the June 1st cuts. I didn't include our own free agents because who knows which ones we re-sign.

    So we need at least 21 more players to complete our roster. You think we need some help at LB, DB and OL? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. So if we sign all 5 FAs which we can afford under the cap (not sure about the bank account though), we would need 16 players. Factor in 9 draft picks, 7 practice squadders, 3 IR, between 8 and 12 backups, and about 3 new FAs, that's 30 to 34, subtract the 16 and there's a good chance about 15 guys from 2008 will not be on the 2009 squad. I think last year we churned about 20 during offseason? 15 this year, 10 in 2010? sounds like a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tinshaker,
    Is this the blog you were mentioning the other day? I have to admit I forgot about it.

    I was wondering though, if you did this off season, it had to be in August,after pre season games started, since I see Chad P. on the list. You'll never convince me you saw that one coming!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh ye of little faith!

    I knew Pennington would be in Miami, I actually thought the Jets were going to try and trade him.

    Seriously though it must have been in August because Culver was a late add and Carpenter and what;s his name were still competing...no...wait I think the kicking competition wrapped up either just before or just after the first pre-season game.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tin, the Jets were never going to trade Pennington to Miami unless we offered them compensation they thought was a steal. But as far as when the Jets released him, I thought there was a 70% chance he'd end up in Miami with the Parcells connection and the fact that he had a great chance to start. The rest is history. LOL

    ReplyDelete