Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thursday Wake Up Call

Had you told me yesterday that the reported Dolphin signing would be Channing Crowder, I would've scoffed since every Miami Dolphins writer in the last month has flat out said that Crowder would not be back. Now it seems Yeremiah Bell will be re-signed by the end of the week as well. Goes to show that sometimes reporters have no credibility at all on half of their so-called NFL sources, league insiders, what have you. I make no bones about it, if an outside source other than myself tells me something, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. Besides, they can't seem to get the information I can get with my bluetooth super deluxe mouse.

For example, Channing Crowder's contract. I can tell you it is a three year contract worth about $20M with less than half that guaranteed. It is not the 5 year deal reported by Miami newspapers. He took a hometown discount to stay with this regime.

Update: The papers have now corrected the 5 years to 3 years but aren't reporting the value.

No comments:

Post a Comment